Selling Your Own Home may be easier than you think. First you have to decide if selling your own home is for you or are you willing to pay a real estate agent to sell you home for you?
Before making that decision you may need to know the steps it takes to sell your own home.Here is a list of steps without the detail I will be posting details on the steps over the next several weeks so you will be ready to sell in the “Spring Market”, the time of the year when more buyers look for homes than any other time of the year. Selling your own home in the Grand Rapids Michigan real estate market will require you to take over the steps normally performed by a real estate agent. The difference is you keep the money they charge to sell your home.
Steps to Sell Your Home.
- Market Value of your home. How much will your homes selling price estimate. Real estate agents only give you an estimate and the line…your home is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay. In some respects that is true but follow these steps and raise the value of your home. Sell your home for more with home preparation and marketing.
- What homes are your selling competition? Know which homes compete during your home selling process. This means you must know your homes market. Most real estate agents never give your competition a thought other than price. They do not truly analyse home selling competition.
- Preparing the outside of your home for sale, getting your curb appeal ready for buyers.
- Preparing the inside of your house for sale, help buyers see themselves living in your home.
- Preparing your paperwork, disclosures, listing documents, marketing materials.
- Finding a discount broker to get your home listed on the local MLS so you attract real estate buyer agents and more buyers.
- Listing your home on a high-profile for sale by owner site to enhance your marketing materials.
- Distribution of Selling materials to maximize buyer exposure of your home.
- Hosting your first open house. Preparing your home for security and child proofing.
- Helping Buyer’s be able to buy your home without spending a dime.
- Negotiating the sale of your home and move out date from your home.
- Inspections and how to control the outcome.
- Closing your sale using an attorney or title company depending on your state’s regulations.
- Move preparations. You will not be moving if you have not completed any of the other steps.
We will be publishing an article a week on each of the listed steps to help you sell you home in the Grand Rapids or West Michigan Housing Market. Our program works anywhere in the nation with personalized services to help you sell your own home.